Friday 11 December 2009

One In The Oven!

I managed to join the tailplane this evening, thanks for the nuts Mikey!

As you can see from the photos below the dry spars weigh just 10g, these were wet out and then dabbed with blue roll to take off all the excess resin. A small bead of epoxy/cotton flock/micro balloon mix was piped around the edges.

Should be ready to open the moulds tomorrow, update to follow.... right now I'm going out to collect a Chinese banquet and bottle of the good stuff with the lovely Mrs H.

Take care for now.















2 comments:

thechalster said...

I thought you wasn't going to use bog on the TE? I will have to keep my eye on you.

Harry said...

Hey Chalster

There's no hiding is there?

Once the tow was wet out it was not enough to cover the surface area so a small bead of bog had to be applied otherwise it would not join properly.

I applied the bog as close to the TE as possible so any excess would be squeezed out into the TE gully.