Tuesday 8 December 2009

New joiner and fus layup results

Good news all parts are keepers. Slight problem getting silicone cores out of joiner, they broke off about 10mm in from the end so they will be staying in this one, this is a shame because the moulding is the best joiner I have made yet.






The fus has come out well although still some cosmetic issues around the wing seat. New lay up idea to increase hoop strength has worked really well, not too easy to see on the photo but you can just make out the band of additional twill weave cloth. In the flesh I am please to say it looks "well Trick"
Harry all I need now is a set of wings and a tailplane.


Hope all out there are enjoying the read, feed back it welcome and if anyone can give me any pointers on how to make hollow joiner I would be great full.

1 comment:

Harry said...

Bonjour Challinor

This looks great!!

Can I have a wing joiner like this, prety please for new one??

It is good to continually see improving results, we are on the road to success with this...